Help Needed on photo adjustments

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Flow

Feb 20, 2007
Hi there,

I currently do research for my final study project. I need a computer program that can "warp" one or multiple pictures to an average picture. for example:

i took 10 pictures of 10 different sized cubes (cubes were in the same position). Now i need to resize all those cubes (in the photo`s ) to a size that is the average of all the cubes. Is there a way any of u genius people can make me/ know where i can find/know who can make me, such a program?

The program needs to be easy to use, reliable and i need to have full insight in the way the pictures are resized.

I found this on the internet, but the people of the company wouldnt give me full insight in the calculations that their program used. www.funmorph.com (funmorph) ps... its the warping part of this program, not the morphing part.

I would be very thankfull for ur help.

GreetzZz, FloW

If you want full insight in whats happening on the background, u need open source software. This way you can study the source and find out what happens on your own. You could try the GIMP (http://www.gimp.org/).

I would do this with Photoshop though ;).

Thnx deadboy for the reply!

The point is that with photoshop or most open source sofware you can warp one picture exactly over another. But i want the program to calculate what the average picture would look like. It would be perfect if i only had to mark the corners of each cube, then the program calculates what the average cube would look like. Even better is a program that can actually automark the corners of each cube.

The calculating the average part is what is difficult. Still cant find any good plug-ins for photoshop cs3 or ImageJ.

Thnx for the help anyways!

GreetzZz, FloW

can u post a sample image? is it vector or bitmap? are the pictures of the cube from different directions or not?

If you want full insight in whats happening on the background, u need open source software. This way you can study the source and find out what happens on your own. You could try the GIMP (http://www.gimp.org/).

I would do this with Photoshop though ;).

thanks for the help deadboy

haha... Im so sorry DEADLY! i suck i know... and im not too bright also... really sorry mate. hope u can forgive me :kiss:

Well, the pictures are not of a cube. I do anatomy research. so i take pictures of dissected legs for instance. But as one leg is not as the other, you cannot compare different pictures of different legs. I thuss need to calculate some kind of average sized leg, then rescale all pictures to that average size. this way i actually can compare the difference in the anatomy of each leg. Ill post two pictures for you to have an idea.

1.JPG

5mirrored.jpg

Using different landmarks on the pictures i want to automatically calculate the average "size" of these two legs.

Here is an example of how it eventually will look:
example.jpg
In this picture you see the anatomy (twice) of the vena saphena parva in one average leg. the blue area`s are the area`s where the vein has 2 trunks.

Help plz~! :D

plse people!

still need some help from u uberintelligent computer nerds!

click

I would have done this on a single coloured background (eg, remove the wooden blocks in ur pics and jus lay em on markers on the table so theyre all in same position, then you could easily cut just the leg bits out, then possibly layer them all on top of each other, tbh i think you're gonna struggle to find a program to do it for you automatically,especially if you're not prepared to do any editing of it yourself (im guessing not since youre not a comp sci student).

I'd just manually do it in photoshop

haha... Im so sorry DEADLY! i suck i know... and im not too bright also... really sorry mate. hope u can forgive me :kiss:

Well, the pictures are not of a cube. I do anatomy research. so i take pictures of dissected legs for instance. But as one leg is not as the other, you cannot compare different pictures of different legs. I thuss need to calculate some kind of average sized leg, then rescale all pictures to that average size. this way i actually can compare the difference in the anatomy of each leg. Ill post two pictures for you to have an idea.

Using different landmarks on the pictures i want to automatically calculate the average "size" of these two legs.

Here is an example of how it eventually will look:
In this picture you see the anatomy (twice) of the vena saphena parva in one average leg. the blue area`s are the area`s where the vein has 2 trunks.

Help plz~! :D
What? :confused:

You lost me at anatomy research. :crap:

I would have done this on a single coloured background (eg, remove the wooden blocks in ur pics and jus lay em on markers on the table so theyre all in same position, then you could easily cut just the leg bits out, then possibly layer them all on top of each other, tbh i think you're gonna struggle to find a program to do it for you automatically,especially if you're not prepared to do any editing of it yourself (im guessing not since youre not a comp sci student).

I'd just manually do it in photoshop

The markers on the edge of each leg are used to line out the contours. the background colours are ok as i can almost automatically delete the background with photoshop cs3. The problem is that when i just layer them all on top of each other they still arent the same size as the length is not linear to the width, and changes at every part of the leg.

I still need something to calculate the average size of the leg, so i can adjust al pictures to this size.

It sucks not to be a computernerd.... fs. would have made my life easier....

Thnx for the help though Uzi!

Click

Why don't you just measure all the 10 bones, and average the sum of that, then get a bone the size of your sum. presto.

That's a hell of very complex picture analysing and i'm almost 100% there is no software that can do such thing and 101% there is no non-commercial soft available in this universe.
I can only imagine something similar to CAD where you have 3D image of the leg/bone but still you have to do a lot of manual work like making all those pointers and stuff like that to measure it.

What can i say ... good luck searching.

Hey sneez: that would indeed be the easiest way. But as the length of the bone is not correlated to the thickness of a leg. ie. a leg can have a fat calf and very thin ankles, or a very thick ankle and a thin calf. I need something to take that into account also.

Brajan: thnx lol. i know its hard, but ive been ffing around to see if its possible. I am indeed now using a program that is used for CAD where u have to manually asses the landmarks around a leg. Still this software is commercial and they will not give me any insight in their algorithms, so there is no way to check the accuracy of it.

Still hoping though, that any of u extremely smart computer guys has ever seen something that i need.

Thnx for the help so far mates! i really appreciate it.

Happy fraggin!

Click