double hammer launch

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Aph3x

Aug 22, 2007
Andorra
1) How do you set a double hammer launch?

2) What do you have to do to use a dbl launch? just jump into it with hammer loaded?

Yeah, exactly that.

One person sets (usually aims to get the launcher both HIGH and far forward, usually a 45 degree angle or more) and the other person jumps it with their hammer, doing what is effectively a hammer launch and then recieving a launch immediately following. So yes: Just hammer jump into their hammer.

There are also double-set hammer launches, where two players set a launch which is jumped (or dodged) to send the launchee twice as far. Those are only used on custom maps and Frigate for the most part :)

:lol:

Yeah only on custom maps + Frigate, Hi Speed, Rook and Overlord ^^

I was illustrating the fact based on the assumption that he plays on public servers primarily. I've never seen a double-set hammer set on any std map on pub except Frigate, and never seen so on a standard maps server :p:

When someone says "double-hammer launch" I take it to mean that two people will set and a third will jump or dodge into it.

One type of this kind of double-hammer launch is when two players set their hammers to launch in the same direction, then they crouch (usually) and face each other. The third person (the launchee) then jumps or dodges between the two hammers, hitting both simultaneously and getting propelled a great distance. This usually appears at the start of Desolate, but no bugger ever knows where to aim or where to stand, so they fuck it up.

This can also be done with both launchers crouching beside each other, pointing their hammers at the same place and almost touching, so that the launchee can dodge across the face of both. This is usually used when both launchers want to stay out of sight, or when there is an obstacle stopping them from facing each other as usual. You'll often see this one set inside the doors of Desertstorm, after the Scud Missiles have been taken. It will always fail too.

The third type of double-hammer launch is when one player sets a hammer-launch, just like a single launch, then a second person hammer-jumps into the launcher's hammer. The disadvantage is that the launchee loses health, but the advantage is there's no real team organisation needed - just hammer into it if you see it. If you're playing Std maps you'll see this one a LOT in Overlord, under the sniper tower. Try running forwards and hammer-jumping into the hammer of the launcher, and you might reach the Gun Cavern window.

:hammer:

Last edited:
The greatest thing about the dbl on Overlord is that no matter what, if you fail you can automatically blame the launcher, even if it wasn't their fault.

1) How do you set a double hammer launch?

2) What do you have to do to use a dbl launch? just jump into it with hammer loaded?

1: You set direction with hammer second fire button and load with primary fire.

2: One set hammer and load it, the guy running must aim straight down and hammer jump just before he gets hit by the guy loading.

The guy that showed me this first time was Psy! :satan:

Nah, that was Psy trying to show you how you could crash RiverbedAL by pointing your hammer at a specific BSP hole - you just misunderstood.

Ba]V[sE;1416077 said:
The guy that showed me this first time was Psy! :satan:

FFS why nobody teach me that? :argue: V from dog and Varg only teach me normal easiest hammer launch when i was noob, but next launches i must learn alone :throw:

umph!....i was always shite at launches.....mind you, Anti did try to show me when Nil were around...I new I should have listened to Blobby and Cyclone!!!!

:impact: