Challenges...

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Useless

Bravo
Jun 14, 2002
Scotland
From now on, this post will contain the latest challenge(s), and anyone submitting a method / asking a question can just reply to this thread. If a challenge is completed successfully the score table will be updated and the challenge in question will be deleted from this post. The point is that it saves me creating new threads and doing formatting all the time, plus it allows me to not have to close / delete old challenges when they're done.

GENERAL RULES:

Unless otherwise stated, these rules will apply to every challenge:

- You must perform all challenges offline.
- All challenges are run on the latest version of LeagueAS (140).
- You are not allowed bot teammates / opposition.
- You are not allowed to use console cheats (summons, god, ghost, etc).
- You are not allowed to exploit map bugs which are removed in online LAS.
- You must (if possible) post a screenshot and detailed text description of your methods.
- Please do not flame other people (inc. me) in this thread.

I don't change challenge rules while people are attempting them, but I do often have to amend them to make them more specific. This isn't to mess people about, it's just to try and make sure they complete the challenge using the 'correct' method only. Unless otherwise stated, teamswap and suicide are allowed (please note that teamswap is not counted as a suicide).

Rules posted in red are rules which have been added after the main challenge was posted - these are usually rules I forgot to put in at the start.

Please don't get pissed off if I keep changing rules after you think you've completed a challenge - it's just extremely difficult to come up with rules which preclude all alternative routes, allow players a very narrow working space, and also avoid giving away exactly how a challenge is done.

I won't post screenshots of my own records before a challenge has been completed, since screenies often give away clues as to how a challenge is done.

To get a point on the score table you must successfully complete the challenge according to all original and amended rules. Please submit a method as soon as you find it, since only the first person to complete a challenge successfully will gain a point, no matter how soon afterwards another person submits his or her method.

---------------------
---------------------
---------------------

CURRENT SCORES:

html - 4.5
sausage - 2
xb7 - 2
masterrr - 1
nanko - 1
opium - 1
smantie - 1
joko - big fat zero

---------------------
---------------------
---------------------

OPEN CHALLENGE: Siege

Complete the map in 1:18 or under.

RULES:

- You may not pick up any weapons
- You may not pick up the shieldbelt
- You must pick up every health pack only ONCE (x12)
- You may not use any teleporters (except water)
- You may not hit any of the buttons (except Final)
- You may not suicide or teamswap

All other challenge rules apply (see main post above).

Last edited:
hmmm havent completed it yet but in the rules... you might wanna talk about teammates

cuz i thought these were solo challenges but the rules dont say that "you will NEVER be allowed help from a teammate"
or maybe thats not the case

- You must perform all challenges offline.
:whatever:

lan party ;)

plus question for siege
- You must only fire one shot from any weapon available to use in the map.
does this mean that:
A: we can only perform 1 leftclick within the whole map with any weapon whatsoever
B: we can only fire every weapon a single time (like A but 1 for every weapon)
C: we can only fire 1 shot per weapon per mode of fire ( so 1 primary hammer and 1 2ndary hammerfire would be considered ok)

depending on your answer i have different ideas as to how to proceed.

Last edited:
http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/10/21/306333/Shot0096.PNG

How i did it

get a good spawn, dodge over the bridge all the way to the lift

hammerjump from the lift to the "window" next to main tower, very hard to pull off (didn't actually know this was even possible before i tried it couple of times with god mode), took me about 15-20 times to get it right without godmode and with first try :P

run to top, try to cut most of the corners with jump on the way up to save splitseconds

Got demo also and will avi it if necessary tomorrow, bed time now :)

EDIT: screenshot is very dark :\

we can only perform 1 leftclick within the whole map with any weapon whatsoever

Correct, but too late because...

get a good spawn, dodge over the bridge all the way to the lift

hammerjump from the lift to the "window" next to main tower, very hard to pull off (didn't actually know this was even possible before i tried it couple of times with god mode), took me about 15-20 times to get it right without godmode and with first try

run to top, try to cut most of the corners with jump on the way up to save splitseconds

Pld Sausage :) 1 point to you and another Siege one coming this evening.

bah! pld mi :nod:

new challenge, new challenge!

I've got an idea for a SubBase one for this evening too. Could be nice if it works but I'm at work now so I can't test it :shout:

I've got an idea for a SubBase one for this evening too. Could be nice if it works but I'm at work now so I can't test it :shout:

is it considered a bug to get the vent with a single projectile?

I got a lil challange for you guys as well...

Rook

Rules as usual...

Finish the map without library and without using the secondary hammer at all.

No selfrocketlaunch cheats etc...

CBA do a timeframe but its gonna be a bit slower then useless rook challange.

Well I think there are two ways to do it.

You can either ripper the chains from the vents over the other side of the wall then suicide and complete map.

OR

You can collect thigh pads and hammer jump onto ledge behind gatehouse. Then dodge hammer backwards against the roof of gatehouse, turning in mid-air and land on the wall. Then backwards ripper jump to the other ledge and finish. It's a fkin hard jump though, I tried about 50 times and just got it once.

Without getting lib you cant get vials so you can only do 2 hammerjumps and a ripperjump. Thats the only way I can see to get up there with two hammers. Maybe there is another way though ....?

Attachments

• Shot0008.jpg
    Shot0008.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 206
u can backripper on that side? oi
Well that doesnt solve the 2 primary and 1 secondary hammer problem so :P

@Useless

about ur siege bit... does fire 3 times meen a hammerjump is actualy 2 trys already or only 1? cos i can get it in 57 with 3 hammerjumps